University of Maryland
Anticipated December 2013
• Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
• Minor in Creative Writing
• Jiménez-Porter Writers’ House Notation
Capital News Service, College Park, Md.
• Code interactive graphics, maps and charts for the College Park Bureau of Capital News Service
• Experiment with and find new online tools, js abilities and jQuery libraries
USA TODAY, McLean, Va.
Social media intern
• Scheduled posts in Spredfast and Mass Relevance for USA TODAY pages on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr, LinkedIn and Pinterest
• Created a LinkedIn strategy for USA TODAY
• Wrote articles for usatoday.com
The Gazette, Gaithersburg, Md.
MDDC Reese Cleghorn reporting intern
• Wrote daily articles for Gazette papers and the website
• Worked in Tableau to create a map of current construction projects in Montgomery County, Md.
• Covered the Takoma Park beat
• Worked with several reporters on a joint project about the Purple Line light rail in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, Maryland
WTOP, Washington, D.C.
• Collected natural sound and MOS interviews, edited audio
• Wrote articles and took photos for wtop.com
• Wrote lead-ins for anchors
• Transcribed interviews focusing on national security and foreign policy for national security reporter
Jiménez-Porter Writers’ House, University of Maryland
Social media manager
• Managed and updated the Writers’ House living learning program’s Facebook and website
• Designed recruitment posters and the Writers’ House 10th anniversary publication
• Planned and organized Writers’ House 10th anniversary gala
The Writers’ Bloc, University of Maryland
• Created literary-focused print and online newspaper for the Jiménez-Porter Writers’ House
• Hired and managed a staff of editors, reporters, photographers and copy editors
• Oversaw online and print editors in the creation of the print and online versions of the newspaper
• Provided journalistic coaching for staff
Stylus, University of Maryland
• Reviewed poetry submissions to the University of Maryland’s literary magazine
• Led poetry board in accepting or rejecting poetry submissions
Electrical Contractor Magazine, Bethesda, Md.
Summer 2011, Summer 2012
• Designed New Products section in Adobe InDesign
• Copy edited articles and the website
Habonim Dror Camp Moshava, Bel Air, Md.
Summer 2011, Summer 2012
Communications specialist at a Jewish summer camp
• Created the communications 2011 and 2012 blog
• Wrote daily posts with photos and videos
International Women’s Media Foundation, Washington, D.C.
• Researched potential candidates for the 2011 Courage in Journalism Awards and Lifetime Achievement Awards
• Wrote articles for the IWMF website
• Transcribed videos for the IWMF website
• Updated the IWMF Wikipedia page
• MDDC Reese Cleghorn Reporting Intern at The Gazette, Summer 2013
• Recipient of the Society of Professional Journalists Sigma Delta Chi Foundation of Washington, D.C. (SDXDC) Scholarship, 2013-2014 academic year
• First Honorable Mention in NFSPS (National Federation of State Poetry Societies) College/University Level Poetry Competition for “Buffalo” manuscript, 2013
• First Place in the Jiménez-Porter Literary Prize Poetry Contest for “An invisible middle,” 2013
• Finalist in 53rd Annual Lex Allen Literary Festival at Hollins University for “Buffalo 1,” 2013
• President of Elon University’s SPJ chapter, named Region 2 Chapter of the year, 2011
• President’s List, 2011, Dean’s List, 2010-2011